Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an experienced Fastening Engineer to support the development, installation and maintenance of the fastening system at our new plant in Casa Grande, AZ. The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge automation and tooling that enables best in class engineering designs with exceptional world class quality. The applicant must be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join our General Assembly team.
- Work with Design Engineers on design for manufacturability of the bolted joints and specification of tooling to secure all joints.
- Perform upfront analysis of bolted joint systems to optimize robustness and minimize costly redesigns.
- Drive resolution of joint design issues between stakeholders.
- Drive commonization of fasteners with assembly-friendly solutions.
- Set up fastening verification and audit process in the plant.
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by supporting line walks, best in class serviceability, assembly time reduction, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Promote and investigate new fastener technologies.
- 5+ years of Fastener Engineering experience w/automotive OEM or supplier.
- Fastener selection/recommendation experience.
- Ability to pull part design from CATIA for tooling match up analysis.
- Experience setting up DC tooling controllers.
- Ability to read and understand component drawings supporting the General Assembly function.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools (MS-Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Proven ability to communicate to people at all levels within an engineering organization
- Creative, energetic, self-motivated and highly organized
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced office and plant floor environment, meet critical deadlines with an eye for accuracy and attention to detail
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.