Manager, Machine Learning Platform
Digital – Cloud and Data Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Manager within the Data science & Machine Learning team, you will have the opportunity to shape the vision and strategy for the Lucid data analytics and ML products, as well as make significant contributions towards building the data science and ML organization.
In this role you will be blending a passion for data science, advanced analytics and ML with the engineering rigor and leadership skills required to build and deliver highly sophisticated AI services and products. The overarching vision for the tech lead manager is to create an ecosystem of inclusion, diversity, technical know-how and cross-functional collaboration that can empower data scientists, analysts, machine learning engineers and research scientists in their efforts to transform the rich database of the Lucid vehicles into valuable insights and products for customers and internal business or engineering teams alike.
Office location in Newark, CA, or Beaverton, OR
- Manage engineers and grow the team by hiring and finding great candidates, establishing, and maintaining team culture.
- Ensure high technical standards by instituting processes (architecture and design reviews, testing, and documentation) and culture (engineering excellence).
- Help define ML platform vision and technology and contribute to technical design of ML platform by leveraging state of the art technologies
- Define and shape the team vision and roadmap for Machine Learning team by working with machine learning engineers, data scientists, data engineering team, and cloud platform team.
- Masters or PhD in computer science, mathematics, or engineering with 4+ years of data science, machine learning or software engineering experience.
- At least 4 years of experience programming with Python, Scala, Java or C/C++
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams developing ML platform and pipelines or data science solutions
- At least 2 years of experience with ML platform technologies such as Kubeflow, MLFlow, Pachyderm or other data science/ML pipeline or platforms.
- Proven ability in change management and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics and machine learning.
- Experience with cloud technologies and tech stack including but not limited to big data technologies (Spark, database systems, ETL, etc.), Kubernetes, Airflow.
- Excellent communication skills - strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex solutions and in a relatable way at all levels of the organization
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $214,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.