Civil / Structural Engineer, Facilities
Newark, CA /
People & Places – Facilities /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Civil / Structural Engineer to manage the construction activities of our greenfield site in Casa Grande, AZ. This is a hands-on role, leading the facilities efforts regarding building design, engineering, construction, and regulatory compliance. Our ideal candidate will have experience with bringing up a new manufacturing facility.
- Oversee the facility structural and utility design, engineering, and construction of our new greenfield site in Casa Grande, AZ, ensuring all objectives for safety, quality, delivery, cost, people, and environment are met
- Collaborate with design-builder to ensure industry standards are being met for the structural design
- Lead the interface with contractors, city officials, and internal management
- Establish company targets and indicators related to structural requirements
- Manage on-site building contractors to ensure safety, deadlines, and budget
- Review and approve all proposed layouts and mechanical drawings for adherence to the highest industry standards
- Drive EH&S Policy and implementation initiatives
- Ensure regulatory compliance, as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, Etc.)
- Willing to relocate to Casa Grande, AZ
- 3+ years of work experience in facilities and construction management, preferably with automotive OEM’s
- Experience leading complex building renovations and evaluation/procurement of newly identified, required real estate resources
- Familiar with automotive OEM facility requirements
- Experience managing construction of greenfield buildings
- Familiar with city and county permitting, inspection process and building codes
- Knowledge of exceptional and trusted contractors to get the job done right and on budget
- Proficient working with aggressive milestones and timelines
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.