Sr. Engineer, Vehicle Crash Test
Newark, CA /
Homologation & Safety – Vehicle Crash Safety and CAE /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a (Sr.) Vehicle Crash Test Engineer for passive safety tests. This position is responsible to execute vehicle crash tests in passive safety system development, ranging from the validation of components, subsystems to full vehicle crash tests. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop vehicle crash tests plan based on the needs from the design team and computer simulation team
- Manage vehicle crash testing budget
- Design testing fixtures for components and sub-system level tests
- Sign-off physical parts for testing
- Execute vehicle crash tests and report results timely
- Manage relationship with external test labs
- Contribute to the engineering discussions to improve vehicle safety system performance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Direct experience in vehicle development tests, especially vehicle crash tests
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and consumer information tests for crash safety
- “Hands-on” experience and attitude
- A drive to get things done despite challenges and obstacles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.