Supply Chain – Logistics
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage the day-to-day logistics needs across a range of departments, for a variety of freight, and across any point around the globe. The successful candidate will have spent some time in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, and Regulatory Affairs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Handle logistics requirement for each of these areas
- R&D logistic needs of the company (transportation, warehousing, shipping)
- Construction material to build out new facilities
- Machinery and Equipment to build out new facilities
- Non-production vehicle movements (events, prototypes, test)
- Uncategorized non-production material
- Production shipping for current light volume product line
- Schedule deliveries for pickup
- Check sales orders and process deliveries in accordance with shipping instructions
- Communicate with customer support and corporate logistics to process shipments
- Route shipments
- Create pick lists, bills of lading, etc to support shipping processes
- Calculate cube and dimensional information for shipments
- Track shipments and update internal customer information
- Ensure orders are picked and processed timely to meet KPI requirements and help monitor and ensure proper inventory levels
- Apply scheduling, planning, and coordination activity to support product inbound and outbound operations
- Monitor global inbound and outbound shipments for direct and indirect material via air, ocean, rail, and over-the-road transportation modes
- Maintain, analyze, and reduce premium freight spending
- Monitor supplier schedules and shipments to protect production
- Manage successful supplier relationships and address necessary corrective action
- Manage daily inbound and outbound flow of all shipments
- Manage transportation documentation to ensure accurate compliance with government agencies
- Coordinate compliance and regulatory activities with third party consolidators
- Optimize carrier utilization while maintaining company requirements for service and on-time deliveries
- Understand freight bill payments, and assist in resolution and correction action
- Prepare all dangerous goods documentation for ocean, air, and ground shipments
- Coordinate all air and surface domestic transportation
- Recommend cost savings and / or service improvements in support of the logistics strategy
- Assist in negotiation of contracts with carriers and effective implementation of contracts
- Periodically evaluate the cubing efficiency and quality of container and trailer shipments
- Prepare and submit required reports to government agencies
- 3+ years total in Transportation, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, or similar area with knowledge of Supply Chain systems and processes
- 1+ years of experience in any of the following areas: material flow, warehouse design, transportation management, dedicated fleet operations, distribution center management, materials handling, decision support systems and technology
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with the ability to meet project timelines.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with WMS and TMS software applications
- Bachelors’ degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- CSCP or CLTD certification highly desired
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.