Sr. E/E and Software Configuration Engineer
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Sr. E/E and Software Configuration Engineer. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee all aspects of E/E Configuration and Release Management across multiple development teams for a large program and work closely with PLM experts on product structures and BoMs, System Integration engineers and the backend team
- Define and implement an advanced s/w logistic concept / framework, extending beyond the generic hardware-driven P/N structure, which serves an agile development approach and allows to individually control software updates for OTA without triggering the hardware supply chain
- Control complex software configurations throughout the entire network of ECUs and vehicle programs
- Utilize tools and front ends (UI) for E/E configuration and release management purposes in the context of Lucid’s PLM and support cross-team IT projects (e.g. integration of relevant systems)
- Work with System and ECU engineers to reflect relationships and dependencies in E/E configurations and software P/N structures, to generate and validate software / integration releases vehicle build configurations
- Identify configuration and dependency faults and drive problem resolution, handle exceptions and roll-back scenarios
- Work with Manufacturing and Service to understand their E/E configuration data requirements for vehicle build and repair
- With your team, release data incl. documentation to manufacturing and service (OTA)
- Work with process leads to measure and improve release management performance and efficiency, provide documentation and training material and hold training sessions
- 5+ years automotive experience
- 3+ years of DevOps experience including implementation of configuration management software (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Knowledge of Python/Bash/Ruby or equivalent scripting languages
- Administration of software version control change management tools. Example tools include Jira, Bitbucket, GIT, etc.
- Kubernetes (preferred) or Docker / containerization experience in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with builds, automation/configuration management tools such as Maven, Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, etc.
- Implementation of Best Practices in Branching, Labeling, Tags, Baseline, Triggers, Hooks etc.
- Excellent experience in software and electronics-focused release management and product life-cycle management applications
- Experience and persistence in working with cross functional groups, manufacturing and service organizations
- Experience with system integration and software development life cycles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to drive issues to closure
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience in working with contractors and third-party vendors
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.