Camera ISP Software Engineer
Newark, CA /
Autonomous Driving – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Camera ISP Software Engineer responsible for core camera/ISP/peripheral technologies, including the image signal processing pipeline and drivers for the hardware components of the ADAS camera platform.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Design and develop ISP modules for ADAS/AD HV(human vision) and MV(machine vision) systems
- Develop low-latency image processing pipelines on the ADAS/AD computer platform
- Integrate the ISP module with ADAS/AD applications
- Perform image quality tuning to meet requirements
- Collaborate with other team members to define features and communication protocols and document the requirements clearly with implementation specifications
- Prototype and develop state-of-the-art ISP algorithms including AE(Auto Exposure), AWB(Auto White-Balance), demosaicing, denoising, color correction, tone mapping
- Characterize camera sensors and lens modules
- Work with suppliers to troubleshoot image sensing related issues
- A real passion for embedded software development and a proven track record of developing embedded software in the domains of camera drivers, automotive ECUs, signal processing and/or computer vision pipelines
- Proficiency in embedded C/C++, MATLAB, and Python
- Proficiency in color science and image processing
- Proficiency in development of multi-thread software on embedded platform
- Knowledge of HDR and LED flicker mitigation
- Knowledge of system level runtimes and device driver development
- Capable of reviewing design documents, data sheets, schematics, and board layouts
- Familiarity with camera architecture and calibration
- Familiarity with camera system communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, MIPI CSI and GMSL2 / FPD-Link
- Familiarity with programming of low level registers, DMA’s, timers, and interrupt service routines
- Good understanding of basic programming primitives, data structures, multi-threading, memory management techniques
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field
- Expertise in latest ADAS/AD sensing technology
- Experience in CUDA
- Experience in camera/imaging/video system
- Proficiency in developing high-performance scalable and low latency software
- Ability to deliver on tight schedules
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.