Paint and Sealer Materials Engineer or Manager
Manufacturing – Manufacturing
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Paint and Sealer Materials Engineer who will be responsible for determining specifications for paint materials (pre-treatment, E-Coat, primer, basecoat, clear coat) as well as sealers and adhesives.
This person will develop Design of Experiments (DOE's) with suppliers to ensure materials are able to meet functional, aesthetic, and durability requirements. The successful candidate must be able to communicate cross-functionally and coordinate material selection and testing with the manufacturing process engineers, design staff, and product engineers.
- Develop DOE's with suppliers to ensure materials effectively meet industry standards
- Determine material specifications best-suited for all paint materials, sealers and adhesives
- Create ideal process specifications for manufacturing
- Manage the process of developing color standards
- Collaborate with Design Studio to effectively develop colors that meet performance and aesthetic requirements
- Work cross-functionally with product engineers on proper material specifications
- Establish validation and launch plan with suppliers and manufacturing engineers for all materials
- Act as key point of contact for environmental information related to the materials
- Ensure formulations meet the requirements of all governing environmental agencies
- Assist with establishing process parameters to effectively apply paint and sealer materials
- 3+ years of relevant experience in automotive paint/sealer development
- Visual color acuity
- Experience in leading or working as a part of a team to meet targets
- Experience with industry specifications for paint materials and/or sealer materials
- Experience with color matching
- B.S. Engineering Degree (Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.