Vehicle Validation Engineer, Chassis Electronics
Hardware Engineering – Chassis Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Chassis Electronics Vehicle Validation Engineer, you will test and validate the systems responsible for electrical chassis control.
You will engage with attribute groups and other system owners to make a premier steering, suspension and braking system from concept to production.
- Be responsible for test validation of chassis hardware/software components and systems
- Contribute to system architecture development and the related validation tests
- Be responsible for test plans, data analysis and feature validation tests while ensuring traceability to functional and performance requirements, including vehicle preparation, travel, data acquisition and analysis.
- Facilitate and align related cross-functional technical teams such as HMI, functional safety, powertrain, infotainment, cybersecurity, homologation, and ADAS/AD development teams on system level validation and development activities.
- Work closely with Tier 1 suppliers to report on test status, findings and communication of issues.
- Explore simulation, HIL, SIL to optimize (sub-)system test and validation strategies in terms of efficiency, cost and final product quality.
- Leverage state-of-the-art processes and tools for architecture, requirements, test plans and results to work in a highly interactive and collaborative environment.
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- Excellent problem-solving ability using tendency to resolve using basic principles and data driven action
- Desire for continual learning
- Competent use of Vector tools (CANape, CANalyzer, CDMStudio, etc.)
- Ability to read and work with electrical schematics, with sound understanding of electrical communication principles
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype development
- Ability to read and write software code (C, model based)
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Engineering
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $104,000-143,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.