Senior Manager, Automotive Controls
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Lead and participate in control software development for a diverse array of control systems, including motor, vehicle, body, thermal, and battery pack
- Grow and manage a team of controls software and system engineers, including lab technicians where applicable
- Responsible for building the relevant labs, including motor dyno labs
- Contribute to the architecture of the next generation of Lucid Motors powertrain
- Lead design reviews with the relevant teams
- Closely coordinate with relevant teams to ensure there are no systemic obstacles to quality software development
- Ensure integration, verification and validation of the developed software features at the unit, component, and system level
- Insure that development and process standards are met by your team members
- Actively support the implementation of the functional safety plan and goals
- Meet regularly 1-1 with team members, and plan/support their career development goals
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver feature releases
- Work with upper management to establish long-term development strategies
- 10+ years of experience with embedded control system software development including strong skills in digital control and control systems analysis
- 3+ years prior experience in management of engineering teams
- 3+ years’ experience developing embedded control systems software for vehicular powertrain systems
- Expert knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow and strong C programming skills
- Experience with agile workflow (JIRA, or similar) and related requirements management (e.g. Jama)
- Proficient with the use of CAN analysis tools like CANalyzer, CANape etc.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Experience with development and delivery of production product
- Strong understanding of the automotive controls domain and development cycle
- Strong electrical engineering skills for working with electronic devices.
- Expert knowledge of Embedded Systems
- Creativity in your design, ability to build stuff with your hands and great communication skills.
- Common understanding of ISO 26262 and AUTOSAR
- Common understanding of C coding standards such as MISRA
- Minimum BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or other appropriate engineering discipline.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.