Intern, Tooling Engineer - Summer 2024
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Intern, Tooling Engineer to design tooling and fixturing to assemble our latest prototype motor-gearboxes. These drive units are on the cutting edge of technology and require an individual with an immaculate attention to detail. Preferably, they have a track record of delivering tooling and fixturing that enable the builds of complex mechanical assemblies. Their expertise will be critical to identifying key issues during assembly and working collaboratively with our design engineers and build technicians to propel our technology to the next level.
- Assist with accelerate the prototyping and production of Lucid Motors next-gen drive units
- Create tooling and fixture designs by generating 3D models and drawings
- Partner with engineers and technicians to design and manufacturing engineering team to catalyze improvements in product, process & equipment
- Provide engineering support to other powertrain and vehicle areas as needed
- Assist with factory commissioning and product launch for manufacturing
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, or related field
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree program at an accredited university.
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Strong fundamental understanding of how electric motors and geartrains function
- Outstanding technical problem-solving abilities based on engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical design, fabrication, and manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with engineering, manufacturing and build team
- Works safely in environments with high voltage and heavy equipment
- Basic experience using hand tools
- Experience with CAD
- Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.