Technical Specialist, Vehicle Crash Test
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Crash Testing /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Vehicle Crash Test Engineer for passive safety tests. This position is responsible to execute vehicle crash tests in passive safety system development, ranging from the validation of components, subsystems to full vehicle crash tests. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop vehicle crash test plans based on the needs from the design team and computer simulation team
- Execute vehicle crash, sled and component tests and report results in a timely manner
- Manage vehicle crash testing budget
- Design testing fixtures for components and sub-system level tests
- Sign-off physical parts for testing
- Manage relationships with external test labs
- Contribute to the engineering discussions to improve vehicle safety system performance
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Direct experience in vehicle development tests, especially vehicle crash tests
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and consumer information tests for crash safety
- “Hands-on” experience and attitude
- A drive to get things done despite challenges and obstacles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.