Design Manager, Retail Development, Europe
Amsterdam, NH /
Retail – Retail Development /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Design Manager to help grow our retail development group in the EMEA market. This position will be based in our Amsterdam office and requires regional travel as well as occasional travel to headquarters in California. Onboarding will take place in California for a minimum of 2 months.
The role requires a skilled professional with 10-15+ years of experience leading A/E project teams in retail and/or automotive facility segments with deep project experience in the EMEA market.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a can-do attitude
- Has a strong technical design and construction background
- Possesses strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities to proactively navigate ambiguity and solve problems
- Can operate independently in a leadership capacity
- Has strong communication and collaboration skills to work in a global organization
- Approaches their work with vigor and determination
- Demonstrates excellence in their respective field
- Possesses the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment
- Lead design phase activities for individual retail showroom and service center projects in the EMEA market
- Collaborate with Lucid Real Estate and Construction Managers on-site and feasibility evaluations, test fits, landlord coordination and lease reviews, project budgeting
- Manage external design team professionals, review their drawings for conformance to brand standards and program, and ensure projects are on schedule, on budget and on-brand.
- Engage with internal Lucid stakeholders for visibility, review and approval of project designs
- Negotiate design professional fees and agreements and develop design phase project schedules
- Help to develop a global vendor base of architects, engineers, and design professionals, as well as manage their efforts through each design phase
- 10-15+ yrs experience in the design and construction industry, with a focus on EMEA markets
- Past experience working in an A/E design firm, along with experience working in a retail development group on the client side.
- A proven track record of managing design team professionals and delivering high-quality projects on time and on schedule.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of commercial design and construction in the luxury retail development environment and it’s fast-paced, adaptive processes, with particular focus on-site development, high-quality storefronts, interior detailing and millwork, and MEPF
- A general familiarity with building codes in most major European markets
- Experience with automotive building types and/or technical coordination of similar equipment systems preferred
- Experience with planning/heritage approval processes
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably architectural
- Required software experience: AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup, Bluebeam, Adobe Suite, Smartsheets or MS Project
- A portfolio demonstrating past work experience
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.