Service Technician, Millbrae
Retail – Field Service /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Vehicle Service Technician position requires an experienced professional with a strong background in diagnosis, maintenance, and repair of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs). Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. This position will require working with multiple departments on pre-production, show, and early production vehicles.
The Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair Lucid Motors vehicles
- Ability to demonstrate and teach learned technical skills/knowledge with others
- Effectively work with the appropriate software suite to properly and completely document all customer vehicle interactions
- Maintain a high knowledge level of high voltage, low voltage vehicle systems
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other members of the service team (i.e., advisor, manager, etc.)
- Follow correct repair order documentation procedures, i.e. The Three C's
- Creatively solve problems and think quickly in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate attention to detail and passion for creating positive client experiences
- Ability to work remotely and support mobile service team as needed
- Have a passion for sustainable transportation and changing the automotive industry
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of High Voltage systems, Low Voltage systems, and Electric Vehicle powertrains
- Experience in luxury automobile repair environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office as well as learn proprietary DMS software
- EPA 609 Certification
- Must possess a valid driver license
- AA/BS in either Automotive Technology or Business Management, or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with EV diagnosis and repair
- Previous OEM Master Technician Certification
- ASE Certification(s)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $36-42/hr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.