Field Service Software Engineer
Newark, CA /
Retail Operations – Sales /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer - Software. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong background in Automotive Software, including diagnostic systems and ECU communications. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with Service and Engineering to outline diagnostic and repair procedures
- Aid in the development of applications and technical service processes
- Work closely with Diagnostics to develop a comprehensive Service platform
- Develop database strategies to ensure seamless support for Field Service
- Embed with vehicle engineering teams, providing direct links to technology developed in manufacturing
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of Lucid vehicle software systems and strategies
- 5+ years of Automotive experience in Software or Diagnostics
- Strong knowledge of relevant standards: ISO 14229 (UDS), ISO 15765 (DoCAN), ISO 13400 (DoIP), ISO 22901-1 (ODX)
- Diagnostic specification / authoring tool experience (CANdela Studio, ODX Studio or similar)
- Hands-on experience in using test equipment and validation tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer
- Supplier management experience and a strong background in working with cross functional groups
- Experience in automotive applications and applicable interfaces such as CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet
- Strong skills in database management
- Experience in diagnostic sequences such as ECU reprogramming and how the tester exchanges data with client ECUs
- Bachelor of Science, in the areas of Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer Science, or other related fields.
- Degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Technology, or equivalent experience
- Field experience with OEM automotive diagnostic tools and software
- Technical writing experience
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.