Associate Test Engineer, High Voltage (Conor)
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Associate Engineer for our High Voltage Testing Group. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Support high voltage testing team with developing test plans and designs for safety, validation, and exploratory testing
- Operate high voltage battery and mechanical test equipment to perform tests in accordance with specified protocols
- Define and coordinate test plans alongside test engineers
- Work with outside vendors to ensure tests are completed properly and on-time
- Work within project teams with a strong desire to contribute
- Collaborate with engineers, internal and external resources to order, install, operate, and maintain various pieces of test equipment and machinery
- The engineer in this role is expected to be knowledgeable of basic mechanical testing methods
- Detail oriented personality with a determined problem solving attitude
- Great communication skills for relaying data (both verbal and written)
- Prior experience in automotive industry or equivalent industry experience
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.