Material Flow Project Manager
Casa Grande, AZ /
Logistics & Operations – Manufacturing Logistics /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a qualified Material Flow Project Manager to join our growing Manufacturing Logistics team. We are looking for an outstanding individual who possesses ambition, integrity, personal accountability, a high level of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude, and a passion for customer service. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of factory life cycle; proposals, capacity planning, manpower planning, factory layout, cell/line balancing, simulation and process modeling, labor performance analysis, process mapping, and project management
- Responsible the development of and execution new launch and existing product upgrade activities.
- Develop training documentation, calculations, and standard formulas to implement lean material flow engineering practices.
- Leverage common project management tools to provide weekly updates to various levels of the organization, identify and escalate critical issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans.
- Schedule and lead regular project team meeting to track progress for KPIs and KAIs.
- Coordinates material flow activities with product engineering, logistics operations, and manufacturing engineering.
- Guide Material Flow Engineering junior staff to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded in all areas including customer, quality, service, responsiveness, and people.
- Position communicates to all levels of the organization, within the function as well as other functions and suppliers.
- Manage the standards, and technical specifications for creating plant layouts and workstation cell designs.
- Act as a liaison between purchasing, engineering, warehousing/manufacturing, production, quality, logistics and suppliers to resolve issues and to provide support.
- Achieve exceptional productivity and quality performance by deploying data analytics.
- Assist in developing Operational Data Sheets / Work Instructions to support Operations.
- Responsible for the Business Requirement documentation for IT systems and tools on behalf of Material Flow Engineering to support Lean operations: sequencing, PFEP, order replenishment, etc.
- Provide direction to the Material Flow staff responsible for the maintenance of the PFEP (Plan for Every Part).
- Specifications for plant floor equipment such as sequencing and kitting cells and error / mistake proofing systems.
- Oversee development of dynamic simulations, optimization, and presentation of related executive summaries.
- Apply advanced problem-solving techniques and lean principles to develop and optimize the manufacturing system to maximize throughput, increase efficiency and value.
- Owner of all technical aspects of the launch project.
- Powered industrial vehicle specifications.
- Responsible for the optimization of material delivery routes and the associated forecasting of Logistics Operations manpower.
- Develop calculations for dock cycle analysis, min / max material replenishment calculation.
- Responsible for the of the material classification matrix, and the calculations to determine lineside stock scores.
- Ensure space calculation accuracy for all warehouse activities: sequencing, kitting, admin offices.
- High bay racking storage capacity calculations as well as the design specifications.
- Provide technical recommendations on bid summaries to select suppliers for Facilities & Equipment purchases.
- Develop schedules for Facilities and Equipment staff to ensure successful launch activities.
- Provide budget feedback, setting and managing to for previously mentioned equipment and installations.
- Experience with project management
- Experience with discrete event simulation
- Experience with CAD software
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and solve problems
- Capability to perform well and grow under limited supervision
- Advanced supply chain management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with factory design and work cell optimization
- 3+ years of experience in technical project management experience in an automotive environment.
- 5+ years of experience with material flow engineering launch activities.
- Ability to speak, write and communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Excellent cross-team collaboration, with ability to work effectively in a strong matrix environment.
- Skilled with the following software: Delmia, AutoCAD, AutoMod, Access, Smartsheet, MS Office Suite including advanced Excel analytical functions.
- Understanding of Supply Chain, Logistics and Packaging Engineering functions and their interdependence with Material Flow Industrial Engineering.
- Firm understanding of the theory and practice of engineering planning, design, construction.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in engineering or closely related field, preference given to Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.