Outbound Logistics Coordinator- Finished Vehicle
Newark, CA /
Supply Chain – Logistics /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Outbound Logistics Coordinator for Finished Vehicle. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage day-to-day finish vehicle distribution, and assure that vehicles are delivered on time, every time, and in saleable condition. The successful candidate will have spent considerable time in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, Sales, Service, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Drive Carrier performance to ensure timely delivery of finished vehicles
- Manage load tendering to contracted 3rd party truck carriers
- Ensure rail equipment is secured, loaded and arrives timely to destination
- Develop and provide volume forecasts to assigned carrier base’
- Ensure load lines are fluid so monthly wholesale objective is obtained
- Manage Out of Area moves
- Keep overall KPI dashboard on all Carrier's up to date
- Facilitate business review meetings with Carrier's, jointly with Sales and Marketing
- Own Carrier's action lists and drive improvement
- Take active part in implementation of new carriers
- Act as interface and point of escalation between Carrier's, Logistics and other stakeholders
- Act as point of contact to Sales organization for delivery issues and questions
- Act as backup and support for the other roles in the Outbound team
- Escalate any non-performing Carrier when needed
- Develop, document and roll out new logistics processes as needed
- Manage freight costs, process payments and advise of any discrepancies/adjustments
- Resolve system related errors with routes and/or orders
- Size levels of inventory for the business’ goals
- Develop tools with the internal product engineering teams to support claims process
- Issue finished vehicle claims to multiple suppliers for transportation escalations
- Drive process improvements to increase cost recovery from suppliers
- Support/Lead the creation and management of supplier quality and performance KPIs
- Further define claim and insurance standards
- Work with carriers to develop a deep understanding of cost drivers, network optimization, and transportation methods
- Publish vehicle / handling updates to suppliers
- Root cause transport damage
- Work with suppliers to minimize overall transport damage
- Help coordinate in-network vehicle repairs
- Work to fully-automate the claims identification and filing process
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; point of contact for all supplier commercial issues
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas: vehicle distribution, transportation management, dedicated fleet operations, decision support systems and technology
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with TMS software applications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics Engineering, or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plus
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.