Engineer, Automotive Network Communication Integration (Early Career)
Newark, CA /
Digital – Integration and Validation /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Put your education to work and take us to the next level.
Lucid's Digital organization recently opened a number of jobs tailored specifically for early career job seekers (currently enrolled students, 0-3 yrs experience) who are looking to learn, grow and get in on the ground floor of our rapidly accelerating start-up.
Bring your fresh ideas and collaboration skill. Bring your compassion for the environment. Bring your thirst for creating something that actually matters. They will all be nurtured here.
If you’re pursuing your degree to make an impact in the world, Lucid can help you do exactly that by driving to create a better, more sustainable future.
We are currently seeking an Automotive network Communication Integration Engineer who will implement network communication requirements for the vehicle and work with a variety of systems engineering teams in various domains.
Ultimately, our team is looking for upcoming graduates who are motivated by making complicated systems work together. If this describes you, please read on…
· Work with stakeholders to define and review network and signal requirements
· Develop and implement the network requirements such as signals and messages in our network architecture tool
· Collaborate with System Integration Engineers on the network architecture for the entire vehicle
· Establish test cases and define test code to support Communication matrix verification activities
· Verify Ethernet, CAN/CANFD, LIN communication between the vehicle’s controllers and closely work with Platform teams
· Support Integration Engineers to debug issues
· Review log data and support issue resolution
· Participate in the design of a world class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- Understanding of communication protocol basics. Examples: CAN, LIN, Ethernet
- Ability to read block diagrams and signal flow charts
- Understanding how sensors and actuators work and what that means for their data interfaces
- Academic or industry project experience that reflect complex systems, working through complex problems and deriving system specifications and requirements
- Academic or industry experience with data logging/review and system design
- Cross functional communication and teamwork
- Passion for excellence
- Ability to prioritize and manage interruptions
- Willingness to ask questions and deep dive on technical issues
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related field
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $108,000 - $148,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.