EMC Test Engineer
Digital – Low Voltage C&E /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a EMC Test Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional to work directly with Low Voltage Test & Validation team to accomplish DV/PV on time. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- The EMC test engineer will report to Low Voltage Test and Validation Manager and will be responsible for:
- Testing various LUCID products for Conducted and Radiated EMI/EMC compliance according to Lucid module level EMC specification and international standards like CISPR 25, ISO-11452 series, ISO-7637 series, ISO-10605
- Partner/Assist Design Engineers during EMC pre-compliance and compliance testing and debugging
- Collaborate/Work with cross-functional teams to develop EMC pre-compliance plans/procedures for both system and component level testing at both in-house and external labs
- Design and assembly of EMC test setups
- Prepare EMC test reports for in-house DV/PV EMC testing
- Support certain EMC tests at external labs
- Create EMC test plan requirements as well as organize appropriate test setups (conducted and radiated) for adherence to relevant EMC standards
- Assist with selection/procurement/calibration of various EMC related equipment
- Support EMC laboratory accreditation activities
- At least 2 years of experience in EMC testing (Automotive is a plus)
- Experience using various laboratory equipment such as LISNs, Antennas, Spectrum Analyzers, EMI Receivers, Oscilloscopes, Amplifiers etc
- Familiar with EMC test environment setup for different FCC/CISPR standards for both emission and immunity requirements
- Understanding of EMI/EMC regulations and international standards (such as FCC part 15/18/22/24/27 and CISPR 11/22/24/32/35, EN 61000-X series) as well as other specific standards set by OEMs
- Experience in evaluating EMC Test Data/Reports and interpretation of various standards regarding compliance requirement
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a capable team
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments
- Previous Experience in taking an automotive product through a formal FCC/CISPR certification process
- Extensive experience in setting up of EMC pre-compliance environment for emission and immunity requirements (both conducted and radiated)
- Experience of working in an ISO-17025 accredited test facility
- Experience with confluence and JIRA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering -or- equivalent Education (MS preferred)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $108,000-$148,500
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.