Intern, Technical Program Managment, Software program Strategy, Summer 2023
Newark, CA /
Digital – Software Quality /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Technical Program Managment, software program strategy intern. This position requires an experienced student with a basic understanding of software engineering lifecycles and a passion for working on EV’s. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Define, track and manage software validation plans
- Participate in cross-functional discussions with Product Management, Software, and Hardware Engineering teams
- Coordinate with Engineering Managers to track validation progress and provide updates on different validation milestones in program meetings
- Track issues, prioritize, and drive to resolution with urgency to meet expedited schedule
- Identify gaps and areas for improvements and drive to a solution
- Experience with Microsoft software, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence or related
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Smart Sheet
- Ability to communicate efficiently in a professional manner
Nice to have:
- Experience working cross functionally with multiple teams
- Previous industry experience in related fields
- Field(s)of study: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Communications or related fields
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree program at an accredited university
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Location: This position is in Newark, CA. You must be prepared to start onsite for your first day of employment
- Availability: Full-time is preferred
- Anticipated Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Work Environment: Office
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S employment authorization
- Medical Benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 30+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 30+ hours a week
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check
Be a part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we’d love to have you join our team!
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $28/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.