ADAS/Autonomous Driving Software Architect
Newark, CA /
Autonomous Driving – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Architect. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong background in complex software architectures in embedded, highly distributed environments.
- Define the SW architecture and interfaces for ADAS and AD features
- Interact closely with other teams for a coherent architecture up to the system level
- Work closely with functional safety and cyber-security experts to refine the SW architecture to meet the required functional safety and security requirements
- Coordinate resource allocation such as network bandwidth, memory and compute on the target hardware
- Experience with software deployment on distributed ECUs and in VMs on hypervisors
- Expertise with a proven track record for structuring massive embedded software projects for robotic/automotive applications involving real-time execution, heterogeneous data communication, parallel and distributed computing, middleware layers, real-time operating systems
- Deep knowledge of SysML/UML and related architecture modelling tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect)
- Proficiency in C++ and C software development
- Familiarity with standard software design patterns
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Automotive software development or software architecture experience
- Knowledge of redundant, highly-available and secure systems
- Proficiency with agile development tools and environments
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or other related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience in highly related fields (5 years or a PhD for a lead / senior position)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.