Low Voltage Systems Engineering Manager
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Low Voltage Systems Engineering Manager who enjoys leading a team and making their mark on an extremely fast growing company. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a team of harness engineers
- Work with Lucid internal engineering teams, manufacturing, service, supplier quality and purchasing
- Own the harness and print development process and data exchange with harness suppliers. Coordinate the efforts to further streamline the process and introduce tool support where necessary
- Optimize the time to build. You take agility to a new level and help introduce changes and optimizations faster.
- Work with PMO on project status updates, report development progress, issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Lead efforts to assess and introduce new wire harness technologies to reduce weight and complexity, save cost and improve vehicle manufacturing. Develop best practices for a robust harness design
- Author Lucid engineering design specifications and guidelines, develop and maintain DVP&R
- Work with mechanical engineering teams on resolution for packaging and assembly issues,
- Drive efforts to improve product design and quality, and ability to manage harness variants for various programs and vehicle configurations
- Lead validation efforts with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers. Establish a Lucid connector database with pre-validated standardized connectors and terminals to address potential field issues
- Work with Integration and System Verification Engineers on physical testing of harnesses and assemblies, load studies and characterization of electrical connections
- With Program Managers and Supply Chain, support the Engineering Change Process and continuously monitor and adjust implementation and rollout, assess manufacturability and schedule impact.
- Participate in the design of a world class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- 8+ years of automotive experience, Bachelor of Science in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Computer Science or other related fields
- Expert knowledge in vehicle harness development and design
- You have successfully led a team of harness engineers
- Strong experience with harness schematic tools such as PREEvision, Capital, VeSys or others
- Detailed knowledge of relevant formats such as kbl, xml and others
- Harness packaging experience
- Detailed experience with grounding concepts, Ethernet and coax wiring
- Ability to identify and communicate risks, mitigate and drive issues to closure
- You deeply understand mechanical and electrical systems
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize
- Ability to build stuff with your hands
- Harness manufacturing experience.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.