Senior Software Engineer, Telematics
Newark, CA /
Data Engineering – Data Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer, Telematics Software. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Design and develop complex software for Telematics Control Unit
- Architect Software to work with multi-core processor environment
- Provide design, development, and debug support for integrating individual functions into the control unit
- Ensure optimization of software through design reviews and code reviews
- Develop a design and/or product validation test program to ensure robustness of design
- Integrate with different teams such as Cloud, Powertrain, Data Science etc to realize the project
- Strong Proficiency in C++
- Experience with C, Python and other programming languages
- Experience with developing software for Linux based platforms (Embedded Linux)
- Experience with creating unit tests and test plans
- Strong Socket programming fundamentals
- Strong Inter-Process Communication Fundamentals (D-Bus etc.)
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Working knowledge of Networking protocols such as TCP/UDP, MQTT, REST etc.
- Working knowledge of Security Protocols such as TLS/SSL etc.
- Working knowledge of writing Yocto Recipes
- Experience in the field of automotive software development
- Experience with Linux Kernel Programming, writing device drivers, customizing U-Boot
- Experience with scripting tools and methods to optimize SW development and testing activities
- Experience writing software for connected services
- At least 7-10+ years of industry experience
- MS/BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields or equivalent experience
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.