Brand & Product Design – Design Studio
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Director of Construction to help build and lead our retail development group. This position requires a skilled professional with 15 years of retail construction, automotive dealership construction, or hospitality construction leadership experience. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop, build and grow a new construction team, reporting into the Retail Development leader
- Create, benchmark, and validate project budgets – while maintaining a database of historic spend
- Forecast, request and manage annual department spending limits
- Manage new and existing project schedules, identifying areas for overlap and improvement
- Work with and lead the Development team in drafting annual expansion plans
- Establish an entirely new vendor base for the company
- Implement a pre-construction analysis process to identify areas of value in early project stages
- Lead all store construction activities for the company
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expertise in sourcing General Contractors, Sub-contractors and specialty fabricators
- Experience building internal and outsourced project management teams
- Working knowledge of custom fixture fabricators and their fabrication processes
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and on schedule.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with automotive franchise law, understanding what can be constructed, staffed and operated in regions throughout the US, and globally.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.