Sr. CAE Engineer, Crashworthiness & Occupant Protection
Hardware Engineering – Crashworthiness & Occupant CAE /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking experts in the field of Crashworthiness & Occupant Protection CAE. This position requires an experienced professional with a balanced approach to CAE and testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Execute simulations to evaluate full vehicle crashworthiness performance for high speed frontal, side, rear impact and other load cases.
- Generate feasible vehicle design recommendations, working cross functionally with engineering teams.
- Assist with building a high-fidelity CAE model from CAD data.
- Create analysis reports and communicate program status to relevant teams.
- Participate in post-test teardowns to correlate CAE results to physical tests.
- Where appropriate, conduct DOE/DFSS studies by utilizing optimization tools, on vehicle designs to meet performance requirements within the constraints of conflicting attributes such cost and mass.
- Support the creation of standard work procedures for delivering quality models and simulation results.
- Lead/mentor junior engineers.
- 5+ years’ experience in full vehicle crashworthiness CAE working for an Automotive OEM or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Global regulatory and consumer safety requirements: FMVSS / UNECE / China, USNCAP, IIHS, Euro NCAP, China NCAP etc.
- Strong analytical skills to draw meaningful conclusions from CAE results.
- Demonstrable experience of root causing test performance, and correlation of CAE models.
- Demonstrable ability to concisely present technical issues, CAE results, findings and propose next steps.
- Advanced user of tools such as: Ansa, LS-Dyna, Meta-post, Primer, Hyperworks etc.
- Experience with CATIA.
- BS minimum in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $133,400 - $200,200 /year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.