HMI Strategist for ADAS and Autonomous Driving
Newark, CA /
Autonomous Driving – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The ADAS team is currently seeking a System Engineer to be responsible for the ADAS/AD HMI/UX strategy. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive ADAS and/or HMI features into production.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Be responsible for the development of the HMI/UX (user experience) strategy for ADAS/Autonomous Driving features
- Drive the feature specification with creative ideas together with the HMI/UX and Infotainment teams to bring each feature to the next level providing a best in class premium experience
- Develop a rapid prototype system in quickly manner to show a proof of the concept
- Work together with ADAS Feature Owners to develop HMI use cases, functional requirements, target performances, test scenarios and test traceability matrix
- Lead performance validation and evaluation of the ADAS HMI system
- Work closely with Tier 1 suppliers and internal teams to implement innovative solutions
- Contribute to the timely delivery of fully validated, high-quality customer features
- Work closely with other teams to ensure good communication to achieve a seamless and robust vehicle implementation
- Proven track record of bringing automotive ADAS customer features and/or infotainment/viewing features into production
- Experience designing, debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Experience with automotive supplier interaction, specification development, project/release management, change management
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects with unconventional ideas in highly constrained, innovative startup environments
- Programming skills related to integration, testing and automation (e.g. Python, C++)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or other related fields
- Higher degrees preferred
- 3 years of work experience, ideally in the automotive field
- Previous experience with ADAS customer functions and/or HMI/Infotainment systems at a Tier 1 or OEM
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable (safety) standards for typical ADAS features (e.g. ASPICE, ISO26262, FMVSS, EuroNCAP)
- Some proficiency in C++ software development
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.