Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Seeking a Construction Estimator to support the construction of new manufacturing facilities. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of managing complex large-scale automotive projects. The successful candidate will have spent considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with internal departments that include building Facilities, General Assembly, Body Weld, Stamping, Powertrain and Logistics. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his/her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective field to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
The Construction Estimator will obtain, evaluate, coordinate and distributes the information and authorizations necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified. In the performance of this function, the Construction Estimator is responsible to protect and promote the interest of both the business and client in all matters as well as demonstrate the personal characteristics of a mid-level leader.
- Handling the project from first estimate all the way through subcontracts being formalized.
- Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, to ask the right questions and work to provide a complete project cost evaluation.
- Must be a collaborative and passionate advocate for our customers, empowering and informing them throughout the project.
- Must be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
- Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation.
- Ability to prepare detailed estimates and as the design evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout.
- Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package that clearly communicates project cost.
- Must be able to collaborate with project team to establish the necessary staffing and project requirements.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Make subcontractor award recommendations to the customer/owner and negotiate and finalize subcontracts with trade partners.
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in request for proposal responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- Able to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATONS
- We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Creative and innovative approaches and solutions on a project-by-project basis.
- Ability to identify, adapt to, and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in a team environment, with both external and internal teammates.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software (WinEst, Timberline or similar), take-off software (On-Screen Takeoff or similar), BIM tools (Revit, Assemble, etc.), project management software (Procore or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, Master’s degree a plus but not required.
10+ years of experience as a commercial | industrial construction estimator.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.