EMC Design Engineer (All level)
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an EMI/EMC Engineer. This position requires a talented engineer with passion and experience to solve electromagnetic compatibility issues in a cross functional manner. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a strategy for EMI/EMC in Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) in order to ensure the vehicle passes EMI/EMC regulations and standards in stipulated regions.
- Develop EMI modeling methods to assess and improve the designs of power electronics and HV shielded cables.
- Develop simulation and testing methods to reduce conducted and radiated emissions.
- Perform testing on power electronics devices and vehicles to measure common mode currents and current ripples.
- Propose EMI attenuation through filter mounting, orientation of chokes and selection of capacitors.
- Provide EMC board layout recommendations for power electronics modules.
- Develop simulation and testing procedures for bearing currents in traction electric motors.
- Develop grounding requirements for HV modules.
- Evaluate the implications of EMI issues on the infotainment and autonomous systems.
- Validate simulation models against measured data.
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental of low frequency and high frequency of electromagnetics.
- A proven track record of technical excellence in EMI/EMC and electrical circuits.
- Understanding of EMI/EMC regulations and international standards as well as other specific standards set by OEMs.
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a capable team.
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving.
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and design modification.
- Strong experience in simulation workflows with varying availability of documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments.
- BS (and preferably MS or PhD) in an electrical engineering discipline or a related field
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Additional fields of experience (onboard charger, cables, electric motors, inverters, battery).
- Experience in battery electric vehicles.
- Experience with shielding and power electronics.
- Experience of optimization methods and software.
- Experience of the use of the ANSYS EM tool suite.
- Experience of CAD.
- Experience with MATLAB and Python.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.