Camera Perception - Deep Learning Optimization Engineer
Newark, CA /
Autonomous Driving – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Camera Perception - Deep Learning Optimization Engineer for our ADAS/Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced professional with strong programming skills and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art tools to optimize deep learning models for efficient inference.
As a member of the Lucid Motors Camera Perception team, you will work closely with engineers from various AD teams (e.g. Camera Perception, Embedded) to understand the AD hardware and scope out optimization opportunities for Deep Learning models that are specific to the target hardware and its constraints. Understanding the architectures of perception models, designing and implementing deep learning optimization routines for fast and efficient inference and conducting experiments on internal benchmarks are a few things within which you might be involved in the Camera Perception team at Lucid Motors. In addition, you will play a pivotal role in setting the requirements and informing the architecture for the AD target platform.
- Work in a world-class ADAS/Autonomous Driving team and comfortable with production environment
- Define and lead the team’s technical roadmap for DL model optimization for current and future AD target hardware
- Research, investigate and prototype model optimization techniques such as model quantization, compression or pruning to name a few
- Develop and implement customized optimizations on custom models leveraging internal datasets and benchmarks
- Develop framework to seamlessly incorporate optimizations into existing model training pipelines as well as into post-training workflows
- Comfortable with reading, debugging and modifying large codebases in particular for deep learning models
- Optimization of preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on target device and leveraging CUDA kernels to minimize latency and runtimes
- Strong experience with Python and C++ programming languages with an emphasis on good software engineering practices.
- Experience with TensorRT as well as ML frameworks like Pytorch, TensorFlow, MXNet, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and have a ‘do not leave any stone unturned’ attitude for root-causing issues and problems
- You take pride in your excellent communication skills
- Passionate about technology and being on the cutting edge
- Experience writing CUDA kernels and TensorRT plugins
- Excellent C/C++ programming especially as it pertained to embedded devices
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and regulations (ASPICE, ISO 26262)
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience or a Ph.D. in a related field for a senior position
- Advanced degrees preferred
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.