Metrology Technician - Body in White
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is looking for a highly motivated Metrology Technician and will report to the Lucid Manufacturing Dimensional Metrology group in Body in White. He/she is responsible for overseeing and providing support for inspection, supporting supplier corrective actions, confirmation of countermeasures / clean points, and first article inspections for all parts. Work will require participation in cross-functional teams and some supplier interactions. This is a very hands-on individual with the ability to read mechanical detailed drawings, understand specifications for materials and performance characteristics (GD&T). He/she will lead the Measurement Lab operation and make sure that every inspection request is assigned to the correct Metrology Technician.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Capable of working with suppliers and assisting in the setup of their processes and review their inspection programs.
- Will structure projects and carry them through, providing direction to other techs, organizing and leading weekly update meetings.
- Can recommend appropriate measurement technology for given application. Interface with vendor/supplier on a given basis.
- Able to lead all the activities during his shift, and have a really good expertise on the most critical metrology equipment in the lab
- Possesses the ability to present to the executive level by providing clear and concise information
- Able to communicate daily tasks to metrology team
- Responsible for major metrology project and apply expert job knowledge requiring considerable judgment and initiative
- Enable Inspection/verification of parts and assemblies using CMM, Faro and other technologies.
- Provide/analyze data and output reports to assist in quality improvement activities.
- Coordinate calibration activities on measurement equipment
- Work with the Quality Engineering Team in conjunction with continuous improvement activities, solving problems and improving overall product quality – may include various physical tasks from time to time with regard to moving parts and equipment
- Daily reporting on inspection findings and results to the respective QE.
- Conduct drawing reviews with cross-functional teams to identify the significant characteristics of parts and assemblies to be inspected.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Automotive / manufacturing experience a plus
- Strong aptitude with measurements systems and general metrology equipment
- Considered as a reference in GD&T, and has a deep understanding of the concept to give proper feedback to design or dimensional engineering team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Excellent communication abilities required – need to be able to properly communicate an issue to the correct audience quickly
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software (Microsoft Office Suite – mainly Outlook, Excel)
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.