Sr Manager, Battery Programs
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr Manager, Battery Programs, to join the Battery Programs team. This position requires an experienced professional with a proven track record of excellence and managerial achievement leading project managers and other stakeholders. The candidate is an accomplished program/project manager and/or systems engineer of high voltage battery products, with strong organizational capabilities and the ability to influence and coordinate with talented engineering teams and stakeholders, for a seamless technical program development. The candidate communicates effectively to ensure each individual team member remains aware of the most relevant program milestones, and deliveries expectations placed by the vehicle program team. Critical issues are promptly identified and brought up to senior management alongside a concise action plan. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for efficient progression within a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Manage the engineering development process for high voltage battery products, bringing together a cross-functional engineering team including battery systems, mechanical & electrical hardware, embedded software, prototype build, test & validation and manufacturing engineering
- Develop and maintain the product development timeline and resource requirements
- Drive the engineering activities at the high voltage battery product level in accordance with the development timeline, including requirements definition, supplier selection, design release, prototyping, engineering testing, process development, DV & PV testing, APQP, etc.
- Drive key decisions (technical, project timing, supplier decisions, change management, etc.) that impact system delivery
- Take ownership and drive resolution of any blockers to successful delivery of the product, including:
- Technical issues during development or series production - work with responsible engineers to define and drive actions to resolve, monitor and report status to management teams
- Supplier issues - monitor and escalate appropriately with supply chain and engineering teams to resolve
- Organizational issues - identify gaps in resources, processes or roles/responsibilities and escalate appropriately with management teams
- Manufacturing issues that require engineering support – respond to requests for support and escalate appropriately with manufacturing teams and engineering teams to resolve
- Develop and maintain the high voltage battery roadmap (including variants, product improvements, supplier changes, etc) and impacts on technical specifications, validation testing, manufacturing, cost, etc.
- Define and implement new processes to enable more efficient delivery of engineering projects
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Strong understanding and experience of automotive engineering product development, from concept to series production
- Experience with high voltage battery systems and electric vehicles
- Strong technical understanding of the fundamentals of high voltage battery systems
- Systems approach to engineering product development, including demonstrated ability to bring together teams from different engineering disciplines
- Experience building, developing, and managing highly effective program management tools and processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with ability to work in a high-pace highly complex cross-functional environment.
- Excellent organization and delegation skills with ability to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of delivering projects on-time.
- Ability to inspire confidence to the executive members as well as the engineering project teams.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex problems and effectively facilitate the team to a decision and coordinate the action plan.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to drive decisions using data and metrics
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Goal-oriented self-starter and motivator with experience manager other levels of technical project managers
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.