Lead Battery Systems Mechanical Engineer
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer with structural and/or thermal design experience. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
As a Lead Battery Systems Mechanical Engineer, you will help develop and commercialize state-of-the-art electric vehicle battery packs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Create designs interactively with the vehicle packaging team and other product engineering inputs, updating designs accordingly
- Optimize mechanical designs for size, weight, durability, and cost
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T
- Integrate mechanical designs with high voltage electrical systems in a multidisciplinary environment
- Perform structural and thermal simulation and analysis
- A proven track record of technical excellence
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative design engineering and problem-solving
- 5 years of experience with a Bachelors or equivalent work experience
- Strong 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA or similar software
- Hands-on practical experience with shop tools and prototyping
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- Design release engineering experience – including engineering change management and project management experience
- A sound understanding of various analysis tools e.g. MatLab, ANSYS
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, sheet metal stamping, die casting, etc
- Experience in automotive product validation (environmental testing, shock/drop, etc)
- Experience with electric propulsion systems preferred but not required
- Experience with automotive engineering preferred but not required
- Experience with electronic control systems preferred but not required
- BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.