Staff Engineer, Powertrain Engineering Development
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking Equipment Design Engineers to support testing and development of our powertrain. This position requires an experienced professional with extensive history of complex equipment design and installation. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Define requirements and deliver functional systems for use in an engineering lab setting
- Generate 2D, 3D designs then interface w/internal & external resources to procure components
- Devise machined and fabricated fixtures for various mechanical tests
- Design fluid plumbing systems and select pumps, filters, hoses, fittings, valves, etc
- Interface with product design engineers and determine how to incorporate new prototypes on existing equipment
- Work alongside technicians to construct, qualify and maintain devices in use
- Expertise in mechanical design and analysis
- Working knowledge of sensors (temperature, pressure, flow, force, torque, etc) and data acquisition systems
- Experience creating and operating automated machine control systems
- LabVIEW or similar programming experience (PLC, Arduino, etc also applicable)
- CAD & Catia V6 expertise
- High Voltage Battery, e-motor, or automotive testing experience
- BS Mechanical, Mechatronic or similar Engineering degree
- 6+ years of directly-related experience
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.