Senior Cloud Engineer
Remote - US /
Engineering & Data Science – Cloud Engineering /
About the Team
Our Cloud Enablement team manages and builds tooling and automation to service internal and external customers. As part of the Cloud Enablement team, you will be critical in our customers’ success by enabling our internal teams and customers to deploy, manage, access, and pay for infrastructure. We are looking for someone who can help move our cloud platform forward and make it easier to handle more and more customers through the power of automation.
About the Role
The Cloud Enablement Team is responsible for providing a robust platform for our customers. As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will develop tools and interfaces to automate the creation, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of production infrastructures for customers. We operate on a large scale using cutting-edge cloud computing technologies and mission-critical projects that can make or break customers’ success. If you thrive when asking a few quick questions and then quickly scaffolding and testing code, we want to hear from you.
This position may include occasional travel to San Francisco HQ (with sufficient notice) when that office reopens.
You’re a seasoned, scrappy engineer who plays well with others, and you care about the work, the team, and the customers. You work collaboratively with a diverse community of personalities spread across multiple time zones, leveraging your excellent communication skills to make sure everyone is on the same page. You take your roadmap by the horns, always two steps ahead of your to-do list, and work efficiently on behalf of our customers.
Position reports to Manager, Cloud Engineering
This team is responsible for
- Building out best-of-breed web consoles for internal and external users to interact with their cloud infrastructure.
- Building tools to scale our cloud deployments
- Automating deployment of a shared set of dashboards and monitoring tools for each of our customer clusters.
- Improving efficiency and ease of use for our various teams when interacting with customer environments.
- Java (Spring Boot)
- GCP (Deployment Manager, PubSub, GKE, etc)
- 8+ years Java development experience
- Experience with public cloud-based environments (GCP is a plus)
- Experience in designing and developing container-based software services
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Quality-oriented; we write our own tests
- UI experience - this team is full-stack, so the ability to jump into the UI when necessary would be a plus.
- DevOps experience - as we’re writing infrastructure deployment and management tools, having real-world experience with such things environments is beneficial
- Familiarity with developing SaaS infrastructure, and the SaaS deployment model
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.