Search Engineer, Technical Support
Remote - US /
Engineering & Data Science – Support /
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and B2B commerce organizations. We believe that the core to a great digital experience starts with search and browse. Our Deep Learning technology captures user behavior and utilizes machine learning to connect people with the products, content, and information they need. Brands including Crate & Barrel, Lenovo, Red Hat, and Cisco Systems rely on Lucidworks' suite of products to power commerce, customer service, and workplace applications that delight customers and empower employees. Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way.
About the Role
As a Search Engineer in Technical Support, you will play a critical role in helping our clients achieve success with our products. You will be responsible for assisting clients directly in resolving any technical issues they encounter, as well as answering questions about the product and feature functionality. You will work closely with internal teams such as Engineering and Customer Success to resolve a variety of issues, including product defects, performance issues, and feature requests.
This role requires excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail, strong communication abilities, and a deep understanding of search technology. Additionally, this role requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and being comfortable working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, balancing technical expertise with empathy for the customer’s needs.
This role will provide primary support to our U.S. government customers.
This is a remote role and will remain remote.
This role is expected to participate in weekend on-call rotations.
- Field incoming questions, help users configure Lucidworks Fusion and its components, and help them to understand how to use the features of the product
- Troubleshoot complex search issues in and around Lucene/Solr
- Document solutions into knowledge base articles for use by our customer base in our knowledge center
- Identify opportunities to provide customers with additional value through follow-on products and/or services
- Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product Development and Engineering teams
- Collaborate across teams internally to diagnose and resolve critical issues
- Participating in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation, which includes weekends and holidays shifts
Skills & Qualifications:
- US citizenship required due to government contracts (Required)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Lucene/Solr or other search technologies like Elastic (Required)
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
- 3+ years professional experience in a customer facing level 2-3 tech support role
- Experience with technical support CRM systems (Salesforce, Zendesk etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers by email and phone
- Proficiency with Java and one or more common scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux systems (command line navigation, file system permissions, system logs and administration, scripting, networking, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) and commercial search technologies
- Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc.) and Kubernetes
- Startup experience
- Apache Lucene/Solr, ZooKeeper, Spark, Pulsar, Kafka, Grafana
- Java, Python, Linux, Kubernetes
- Zendesk, Jira
$97,000 - $120,000 a year
This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Lucidworks’ total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package includes (but is not limited to) discretionary variable bonus, equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, a variety of voluntary benefits, generous PTO policy, various leave policies, and many other region-specific benefits.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.