Director of Product, Customer Solutions
Raleigh, NC /
Product Management – Product Management /
The Lucidworks Product Management team is looking for a Product Manager to lead the design and go-to-market strategy for AI-Powered applications on its SaaS platform.
Engaging with customers to deliver on an expanding portfolio, you will work with internal cross functional business teams (Sales, Marketing, Partners), technical engineering and customers to drive product initiatives. You will be responsible for collaborating in the planning and strategy that shape these products, gathering product feedback and ensuring the growth and health of these products.
You should have the ability to take complex topics and make them easy to understand both to internal and external stakeholders. Your excellent communication and comfort with AI/ML trends will have a direct impact in educating and enabling the Lucidworks field on the emerging trends that the product is solving for, ways to position the product and execute on delivery of value to customers.
The Director of Product Management, Customer Solutions is responsible for driving Lucidworks’ application strategy, building operationalized AI with opinionated intelligent search and analytics solutions. You will maintain focus on increasing the overall value delivered by Lucidworks’ persona driven solutions, increasing the ease of implementation, and decreasing time to value—thereby driving momentum across our sales and customer expansion efforts.
In this role, you will also be responsible for developing and implementing applications for e-commerce, customer support, and knowledge management within a SaaS platform.
- Own a critical role within the company, prioritizing and driving product development across multiple solution areas while working with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence.
- Define product strategy and requirements (not just customer asks), based on customer feedback, market trends, competitive landscape and company GTM strategy.
- Deliver complex analyses (to guide product development and strategy) from initiation through delivery.
- Work with Engineering, Data Science and Engineering, UX, Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and the wider PM team to prioritize, define and document user stories and use cases to guide product development.
- Balance creativity and features with development time and costs, iteratively building compelling products that drive our customers’ and Lucidworks’ business.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Communicate product roadmap, vision and development status to all stakeholders as well as customers.
- Enable product adoption by educating the field team and customers.
- Work with product management, marketing and engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core marketing messages.
- Creativity, passion, and an ability to execute in order to get to product-market fit quickly.
- Continuously leverage data to continually get smarter about how to improve our existing products.
- 10+ years in some combination of technical role, product management, technical sales or technical implementation of scalable search platforms and/or machine learning projects. Ideal candidate will have industry experience of applying machine learning to search problems or has previously worked in the capacity of a Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Software engineer.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field preferred
- Passionate about AI, machine-learning and the architectural concepts around scaling AI in search. You keep yourself up to date on the latest trends and are curious about how to apply them in a consumer setting
- Have led high-impact customer initiatives that materialized in a lot of value to the organization through the application of search and machine learning
- Have experience driving projects forward, writing detailed functional findings/requirements, diagramming and solution architectures
- Demonstrated ability to provide qualitative feedback and quantitative data to support decision making process
- Exhibit great collaboration and communication skills at multiple levels of organizations
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.