Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Remote - India /
Engineering & Data Science – Cloud Operations /
About the Team
Our Cloud Platform team manages Fusion clusters for Lucidworks’ public cloud customers. As part of the Cloud Platform team, you will be key in our customers’ success in providing value to their customers through the power of search. We are looking for someone who can help move our cloud platform forward and make it easier to handle more and more customers through the power of automation.
About the Role
The Cloud Operations Team is responsible for providing a robust platform for our Managed Fusion customers. As an Operations Engineer, you will develop and employ DevOps best practices and tools to create, deploy, monitor, and maintain production infrastructures for customers. We operate at large scale using cutting-edge cloud computing technologies, and on mission-critical projects that can make or break customers’ success. If you thrive in high-impact situations and enjoy solving complex operational challenges without sacrificing uptime, we want to hear from you.
This position will require occasional travel to San Francisco HQ (with sufficient notice).
You’re a seasoned, scrappy engineer who plays well with others and you care about the work, the team, and the customers. You are able to work collaboratively with a diverse community of personalities spread across multiple time zones, leveraging your excellent communication skills to make sure everyone is on the same page. You take your roadmap by the horns, always two steps ahead of your to-do list, and work efficiently on behalf of our customers.
- Build the automation tools that ensure our internal and external customers receive resources quickly and painlessly while making our team’s lives easier
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver a high quality product to our customers that meets all of their needs
- Aim for at least 99.9% uptime across all of our managed customers
- Work on several major projects including automating parts of our infrastructure, creating new monitors and alerts, creating new tooling for both team consumption and company consumption, etc.
- Take ownership of Lucidworks’ company-wide cloud-first initiative by making the onboarding process for new customers as smooth as possible for them
Upcoming projects include:
- Automating standing up a full customer-facing environment using Terraform across multiple cloud platforms
- Creating a full suite of smoke tests that we can use while we upgrade customer clusters
- Automating deployment of a shared set of dashboard and monitoring for each of our customer clusters
- GCP, Azure, AWS
We're looking for:
- 4+ years professional DevOps experience, especially PaaS or SaaS
- Professional experience:
- Operating JVM-based applications at scale (garbage collection analysis, heap tuning, etc)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems management; maintain hundreds to thousands of instances arcross multiple cloud enviroments
- As part of the on-call rotation, you will be the first line of defense for our customers (you’ll be on-call roughly 25% of the time)
Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.