Engineering Manager, Connectors
Remote - Jamaica /
Engineering & Data Science – Fusion /
Extended Global Team
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and B2B commerce organizations. We believe that the core to a great digital experience starts with search and browse. Our Deep Learning technology captures user behavior and utilizes machine learning to connect people with the products, content, and information they need. Brands including Crate & Barrel, Lenovo, Red Hat, and Cisco Systems rely on Lucidworks' suite of products to power commerce, customer service, and workplace applications that delight customers and empower employees. Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way.
About the Role
The Fusion Connectors team is a global and diverse team responsible for developing connector plugins for Fusion, Lucidworks’ search and personalization platform. These connectors are the lifeblood of the search ecosystem and provide the primary mechanism for indexing client data from a wide array of content repositories such as filestores, databases, CRMs, and intranets. The team is responsible for delivery of all plugins.As Engineering Manager reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for all aspects of people leadership on your team. You’ll provide technical leadership and participate with the team in creating quality solutions to client needs.
- Partner with VP of Engineering, R&D Operations, and Product Management to determine feature scope, project milestones, and achievable deadlines to satisfy client needs.
- Help the team understand the technical scope of requested work and how each task fits with project goals and priorities.
- Understand obstacles to individual and overall team success and develop plans to remove them.
- Assist in development of team OKRs to meet business objectives and track team progress to meet those OKRs.
- Monitor vendor plans for updates to source repositories in order to add maintenance and major plugin updates to the connector roadmap.
- Standardize quality, design, and technical processes, particularly in code repo management, test coverage metrics, and automated CI/CD and code quality gates.
- Identify and recommend improvements to the connector SDK and/or overall framework to make plugins easier for clients to implement and achieve success.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience directly developing Java applications throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Experience building or implementing tools to access and retrieve data from multiple content repository systems.
- 1-3+ years of experience as a technical lead or team manager. Seasoned developers and Tech Leads ready for their first official management role are encouraged to apply.
- Passionate about enabling developers to create delightful customer and stakeholder experiences.
- Excellent technical communication skills and ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Eager to work collaboratively with a diverse team spread across multiple time zones, regions, and cultures.
Preferred Experience in:
- Data access best practices and integration points with content management systems (such as SharePoint and LDAP/Active Directory, etc.)
- Designing and developing cloud-native distributed systems.
- Deploying applications with Kubernetes and Helm.
- Using cloud tools from GCS and/or AWS.
- Implementing a search application, particularly around indexing data.
$65,888 - $95,135 a year
This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Lucidworks’ total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package includes (but is not limited to) discretionary variable bonus, equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, a variety of voluntary benefits, generous PTO policy, various leave policies, and many other region-specific benefits.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.