QA Automation Engineer (SDET)
Engineering & Data Science – Quality Engineering /
Extended Global Team
About the Role
The Test Automation Team is responsible for maintaining and contributing to the test automation initiative and framework for validating our Fusion Product. This includes working closely with teams across the engineering department to improve our QA efforts as we implement CI microservices and cloud native architecture.We’re looking for a seasoned engineer to automate testing for our distributed cloud native Search and AI Product. Someone with a desire to constantly learn and understand testing challenges, analyze new product features and customer use cases.
You are scrappy and self driven, with strong coding and testing skills. You are energized by opportunities to automate everything, advocate for strong test engineering practices, and everything else that ensures a maintainable, quality product from the ground up. You, like us, are passionate about using software to solve real world customer challenges. You have worked in distributed teams, leveraging strong communication skills across multiple collaboration platforms to maintain alignment across multiple time zones.
- Own test automation, end to end including improvements, centered around Cloud Native Microservices in a Kubernetes Environment.
- Work on projects to continually build and improve the current Test Automation Framework and enhance current automation test coverage.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Testers to define product quality goals, design automation infrastructure focused on customer use cases, and identify and prioritize technical and functional needs of testing infrastructure
We're looking for:
- 5+ years professional experience writing automated tests (positive and negative) for Java Applications and API calls
- Demonstrated experience in automation and testing tools such as Robot, Jenkins, and Docker
- Strong development (product or automation) experience coding with Python or Golang in a Kubernetes environment
- Strong technical understanding of distributed systems
- Knowledge of Search Tech (like Fusion)
- Experience in Data Science/AI, UI automation, performance testing, Java programming
- Experience with operational monitoring such as with Grafana and Kibana
- Experience working with large scale cloud platform or application and/or experience with one of the public clouds (gcp, aws, azure) or openshift
Nice to haves:
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.