Market Development Representative
Raleigh, NC /
Sales – Inside Sales /
About the Role
Lucidworks Market Development Reps (MDRs) are a team of creative, hungry, ambitious, and talented individuals who are excited about being in a fast-paced role. As an MDR, you’ll be spearheading the inbound client acquisition and pipeline creation process, and in many cases will be the first point of contact for prospective new customers generated by Lucidworks Marketing efforts.
The MDR team is a critical component of our sales model and presents an outstanding opportunity to hone one’s skills while building a strong foundation in preparation for an exciting and rewarding career with Lucidworks.
You are a highly motivated, self-starting individual who enjoys working in fast-paced environments and you are eager to jumpstart your career in software sales and learn from some of the best and brightest in the industry.
**Once it's safe to do so, this will be an in-office position.
- Qualify interest from our various inbound channels, including but not limited to Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs), phone, chat, contact forms, etc. and then warm transferring the qualified opportunity to a Lucidworks Account Executive or Business Partner
- Help Lucidworks continuously improve our operating model and performance metrics
- Optimize the use of various sales and marketing tools
- Expertly articulate the value of Lucidworks and overcome objections
- Evangelize Lucidworks Solution Stack
- 1+ years of proven sales experience in a B2B tech environment selling software solutions or services
- Bachelor's Degree, in Computer Science, Business, Technical studies, or equivalent experience
- Eagerness to grow and to pursue a career in technology sales, and wants to tackle challenging work
- A positive self-starter attitude and an intrinsic desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity
- CRM experience and embraces CRM hygiene (we use Salesforce)
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.