Consulting Engineer - Search, Professional Services (Remote - UK)
Remote - UK /
Customer Excellence – Professional Services /
About the Role
Lucidworks Professional Services team is looking for an experienced Technical Consultant who enjoys working in small teams to deliver solutions that delight clients and customers alike. We value expertise in e-commerce and/or enterprise search. The Technical Consultant will be working independently on a variety of implementation, upgrade and migration projects. It’s a client facing role, where you’ll be working from various client locations, predominately in the UK but some international travel may be required.
The right person will have a passion for customers and problem solving, as well as an ability to communicate clearly with team members and clients at all levels of the organization.
- Design, implement and test develop solutions on Lucidworks technology
- Provide best practice advice and guidance to clients
- Act as the technical subject matter expert to Lucidworks clients on implementing and getting the most out of the solution
- Document and present reports to client
- Work with project manager to ensure accurate status reports and highlight risks and issues
- Provide technical leadership to clients to maximize the use of Lucidworks technology
- Strong Java / SQL / JS skills
- Excellent communication, listening and writing skills
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of your work
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving situations
- Ability to work with limited direction
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as necessary, as conditions permit.
- Prior experience working in a tech consulting firm
- Experience with Solr / Elastic or other Search Technologies
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.