Technical Program Manager
Raleigh, NC /
Product Management – Program Management /
About the Team
Our program managers will provide leadership and guide cross-functional teams through the entire product life cycle. They drive process and technology improvements that reduce friction for engineers and proactively address issues that help to scale Fusion solutions to meet a range of customer needs around the world.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who is detail-driven, an excellent problem solver, and has a strong technical background. Someone who wants to work with smart, passionate people who love what they do and is comfortable interacting candidly and transparently across a broad swath of the company from technical teams to business teams to senior leadership.
This position reports to the Senior Technical Programs Manager within the Product Organization.
Location in the Raleigh, North Carolina area strongly preferred.
You are committed to driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. You are able to keep the big picture in focus while delving into the details on specific issues, all the while keeping engineering and product initiatives aligned with corporate strategy.
- Lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects across many functional areas in order to deliver features and releases, while balancing business needs and technical constraints.
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and communication between project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall program health
- Manage the interaction between engineering, product and other functions by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, coordinating schedules, and otherwise ensuring that processes run smoothly
- Interact with senior engineers throughout the company to determine the best practices for architecting, building, testing, and deploying software solutions/components.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager in a SaaS environment
- 2+ years experience in a technical role, preferably as a software engineer
- Bachelor's in a math based science or equivalent experience
- Experience with delivering software to market in an Agile environment
- Experience managing Agile Mindset and Frameworks (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, etc.) preferred
- JIRA/Confluence Proficiency is a must
- Experience in Cloud Engineering Preferred
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.