Senior Deal Desk Analyst (US - Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Sales – Revenue Strategy & Operations /
As a Senior Deal Desk Analyst, your primary function is to provide deal support services to the Sales Team in the creation, approval and execution of sales orders. You will also assist the Sales teams including Channel and Customer Success teams with CPQ (when implemented), policy interpretation and enforcement, deal desk policy and process, training, and documentation. The position reports into Sales Operations and works closely with Sales and Customer Success teams, Finance, and Legal in support of timely and accurate bookings of contracts.
We are looking for a highly motivated and independent individual who understands pricing from both sales and finance perspectives, is detail oriented in their thought process and proposals, and has 4+ years of deal desk, order processing and data management experience. You must have the ability to multitask, quickly pick up new concepts and projects while maintaining an upbeat and positive outlook in a fast-moving environment.
**This is a remote position
- Process new business and renewal contracts to ensure deals are in compliance within company sales policies and guidelines including:
- Sales Order review and approval for accuracy, deal structure, pricing
- Review contracts for commercial terms
- Liaise between Sales teams, Sales Management, Finance, and Legal
- Close opportunities in Salesforce and ensure opportunities are correctly updated reflecting the fully executed Order Form
- Support Sales teams with questions on deals, sales policies and guidelines, and pricing/discounting
- Integrate customer paper into contract lifecycle management system
- Work in collaboration with Finance for deal approvals, bookings reconciliation, and other end of quarter deal related activities
- Provide general support and respond to inquiries from the Sales Organization around bookings, sales activities, and reporting
- Identify and implement improvements, in systems, work processes and procedures to improve deal desk process and efficiency
- Help to improve the pricing process, pricing models and standards that dictate how deals are managed by contributing to our quote to cash initiative streamlining our contract and pricing process
- Help with onboarding of new Sales and Customer Success personnel
- Help to track and document non-standard deals
- Complete monthly and quarterly analytics on the results of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, or related
- 4+ years of related experience in Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Sales Finance and/or Revenue Accounting functions
- Salesforce user experience creating opportunities, quote to cash processes, and contract lifecycle management
- Experience working with recurring revenue model
- Experience with both Channel and a Direct Sales models is desirable
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.