Manager, Quality Engineering
Remote - US /
Engineering & Data Science – Quality Engineering /
About the Quality Engineering Team
We’re looking for a strong technical leader to join our team building the next-generation search experience. This global team works diligently to write new tests and test scenarios (both manual and automated), help to maintain existing test assets, and improve test coverage across a complex codebase that is constantly evolving.
About the Role
We are looking for a well-rounded, technical QA Manager who not only generates innovative solutions themselves but also creates an environment where the team can do their best work and let their creativity flourish. You will build out our small but mighty Quality Engineering team and create a structure to embed a team of QA engineers into all of our Agile software teams while providing leadership to a team that tests all functions of the Fusion product, as well as our next-generation SaaS platformThis position provides a potent mix of dynamic opportunities, challenges, and influence across other teams.
You don’t need deep expertise with our entire stack but a working knowledge of these or similar technologies are crucial for success.
QA Tech stack:Robot, Python, qTest
Tech Environment: Java, Kubernetes, Docker, GCP, and/or AWS
You are an exceptional quality leader who can lead by example and build best-in-class QA strategies and teams. You are responsible for driving best practices and quality initiatives across all of Engineering. This is a high-impact and highly visible position.
- Engage and collaborate with senior management and product managers to build the next-gen automation framework and automation test suites
- Partner with the Engineering, Product, and Cloud teams to define quality metrics, functional testing, automation suites, and process improvements to make the release process easier and more scalable
- Drive the adoption of a quality mindset throughout Engineering in general
- Work closely with our technical services and support team to drive quality engineering improvements to better support operations, performance, and scalability
- 3-5+ years experience with managing high performing quality engineering teams
- 10+ years total experience in quality or product engineering
- Experience at smaller startups, scaling a product & team
- Proven track record of enabling rapid, iterative feature releases in a SaaS environment
- Experience adopting test automation frameworks, with technical expertise in the trade-offs involved
- Experience with search architecture a huge plus
- Kubernetes and cloud experience are nice to have
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.