Sales Development Representative
Raleigh, NC /
Sales – Inside Sales /
About the Role
Lucidworks Sales Development Reps (SDRs) are a team of creative, quick-thinking, and resourceful hunters looking for new opportunities to fuel the Lucidworks sales pipeline. In this role, you will make meaningful relationships with Lucidworks Account Executives, along with current and potential Lucidworks customers. As an SDR, you’ll be spearheading the outbound client acquisition and pipeline creation process, and in many cases will be the first point of contact for prospective new customers.
The SDR team is a critical component of our sales model and presents an outstanding opportunity to hone one’s skills while building a strong foundation in preparation for an exciting and rewarding career with Lucidworks.
**Once it's safe to do so, this will be an in-office position.
You are a highly motivated, self starting individual who is excited to learn about software solution sales from some of the best talent in the industry.
- Research accounts to identify key players and leverage Lucidworks thought leadership to prepare content and messaging tailored to our ideal customer profile and personas
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior executives in target and prospect accounts
- Uncover prospect’s business challenges and identify relevant new business opportunities
- Accurately determine lead qualifications based upon established criteria to add new opportunities to the total pipeline
- Evangelize the Lucidworks Solution Stack
- 2+ years of proven sales development, lead generation, and/or sales experience in a B2B tech environment
- Bachelors degree, in Computer Science, Business, Technical studies, or equivalent experience
- Prospecting experience
- CRM experience and CRM hygiene (we use Salesforce)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.