Sr. Consulting Engineer - Professional Services (Remote - US)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Customer Excellence – Professional Services /
About the Role
The Lucidworks Professional Services team specializes in understanding customers’ requirements and architecting and developing large-scale, highly available, distributed systems for processing large volumes of data and queries. We frequently operate at the cutting edge of search, where search is viewed as the fast, secured access layer to massive volumes of data — presenting users with contextual, personalized, and relevant information and driving outstanding business value as a result.
The Lucidworks Professional Services team is a growing organization, with opportunities for growth and leadership.
We are looking for a Senior Search Consultant (aka Consulting Engineer) who is analytical, energetic, and passionate about delighting customers to join our Professional Services organization. You should be technically oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting environment while delivering technical tasks and projects across a variety of industries.
- Provide expert-level Fusion and Solr consulting and development services to a wide range of customers
- Engage with different stakeholders of an organization to understand the information problems they are facing
- Observe and identify customer pain points, priorities, requirements, and success criteria
- Study, research, and resolve difficult issues involving Solr, Fusion and related technologies
- Create reusable solutions, components, recipes, etc. contributing to the Lucidworks product, consulting practice and services
- Share knowledge internally within Professional Services through various forums, knowledge management tools and present to different levels of staff during internal meetings
- Communicate customer requirements and use cases to Product and Engineering teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in information systems/computer science or related field
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems and asynchronous architectures
- Experience in cloud technologies, preferably with Kubernetes-based cloud deployment solutions
- Experience with related open source technologies such as Solr, Lucene, Kubernetes, etc.
- Familiarity with databases, data analysis, ETL concepts, and SQL
- Strong organizational and communication skills including documentation writing and presenting
- Comfortable being assigned to several customer engagements simultaneously
- Experience leading technical teams and nurturing junior contributors
- Confident navigating across different industries and use cases while being adaptable and flexible
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as necessary, as conditions permit
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor US employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.