Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Remote - India /
Engineering & Data Science – Core Product Engineering /
Extended Global Team
About the Team
The Platform team at Lucidworks builds the foundation of our cloud-native microservices architecture orchestrated by Kubernetes. The Platform team owns the design and implementation of our API gateway, security, cloud ops, workflows and job scheduling, Apache Spark integration, messaging framework (Apache Pulsar), and ML model ops / serving infrastructure (Seldon Core / Argo). Underlying all of these capabilities, we support a service mesh built on Spring Cloud that provides security, observability, resiliency, and reliability under massive load.
About the Role
To be successful in this role, you need a DevOps mindset coupled with a solid foundation in designing and building microservices. We also want you to bring strong opinions, but weakly held about architecture and design decisions. You'll be expected to write code, lots of it. We support first-class product features written in Java, Python, Scala, and Go; you don't need to know all of these but must be proficient in at least two.
You should be passionate about Kubernetes and cloud native technologies in general. Every millisecond counts should be your daily mantra!
This role reports directly to the Chief Architect.
Flexibility is a must! In any given sprint, you may work on improving our service discovery mechanism, help design a performance / load test, solve a customer scalability problem, or solve a performance issue with ML model serving. Our team's motto is fast-paced without cutting corners so you should be comfortable with the team moving fast around and with you.
- Implement robust network resiliency strategies between microservices
- Implement highly-scalable load balancing strategies in Kubernetes capable of handling 10's of thousands of requests per second
- Implement distributed tracing and metrics to understand the behavior of our service mesh under high load in cloud environments
- Automate performance and load test frameworks using Gatling and Spark
- Work closely with our CloudOps team to drive engineering improvements to better support operations, performance, and scalability
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience working with large-scale distributed systems
- 3+ years of professional experience using Java profilers to find and fix code inefficiencies (YourKit preferred)
- BS in computer science or similar field; Masters degree or higher preferred
- Solid understanding of Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana a plus
Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.