Remote - US
Engineering & Data Science – Cloud Operations /
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation for some of the world's biggest retailers, financial services firms, manufacturers, and B2B commerce organizations. We believe that the core to a great digital experience starts with search and browse. Our Deep Learning technology captures user behavior and utilizes machine learning to connect people with the products, content, and information they need. Brands including Crate & Barrel, Lenovo, Red Hat, and Cisco Systems rely on Lucidworks' suite of products to power commerce, customer service, and workplace applications that delight customers and empower employees. Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way.
About the Team
Our Cloud Platform team manages Fusion clusters for Lucidworks’ public cloud customers. As part of the Cloud Platform team, you will be key in our customers’ success in providing value to their customers through the power of search. We are looking for someone who can help move our cloud platform forward and make it easier to handle more and more customers through the power of automation.
About the Role
The Cloud Operations Team is responsible for providing a robust platform for our Managed Fusion customers. As an Operations Engineer, you will develop and employ DevOps best practices and tools to create, deploy, monitor, and maintain production infrastructures for customers. We operate at large scale using cutting-edge cloud computing technologies, and on mission-critical projects that can make or break customers’ success. If you thrive in high-impact situations and enjoy solving complex operational challenges without sacrificing uptime, we want to hear from you.
**This position is open to US residents located in the Pacific Time Zone**
- Build the automation tools that ensure our internal and external customers receive resources quickly and painlessly while making our team’s lives easier.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver a high quality product to our customers that meets all of their needs.
- Aim for at least 99.9% uptime across all of our managed customers.
- Work on several major projects including automating parts of our infrastructure, creating new monitors and alerts, creating new tooling for both team consumption and company consumption, etc.
- Take ownership of Lucidworks’ company-wide cloud-first initiative by making the onboarding process for new customers as smooth as possible for them.
- Work effectively with international development teams
- GCP, Azure, AWS
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years professional DevOps experience at a PaaS or SaaS company.
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration (1+ years of Kubernetes experience required).
- Experience operating JVM-based applications at scale (garbage collection analysis, heap tuning, etc).
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems management; maintain hundreds to thousands of instances across multiple cloud environments.
- Serve as the first line of defense for our customers as part of on-call rotation
- Familiarity with developing SaaS infrastructure, and the SaaS deployment model.
- Acceptable background check
Bonus points for:
- Search experience (Fusion, Solr, Elastic Search, etc)
- Java programming (in particular Spring)
- Kubernetes-related experience: istio, kops, helm, etc
$153,000 - $175,000 a year
This salary range may include multiple levels. Your level is based on our assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask the hiring manager about to understand in more detail. Salary is just one component of Lucidworks’ total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package includes (but is not limited to) discretionary variable bonus, equity, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, a variety of voluntary benefits, generous PTO policy, various leave policies, and many other region-specific benefits.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.
Note to third party recruiters:
We appreciate your interest in our job opportunities. However, we kindly request that third-party recruiters and staffing agencies refrain from contacting us regarding these positions. We prefer to work directly with candidates and do not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from third-party recruiters or agencies. Unsolicited resumes and referrals will become the property of Lucidworks, and no fee will be paid should we hire a candidate whose resume was sent unsolicited.