Los Angeles, California
Who we are
Lucky Day Entertainment, Inc. is a startup based in Los Angeles, CA. Our mission is to impact lives for the better by creating winning moments for anyone.
With our first product, Lucky Day, we reimagined the lottery. Lucky Day is a top 10 free app on the Google Play Store with over 10 million installs. Since 2015, we’ve paid our players over $8 millions — all without ever taking a dime from our players.
We’re looking for intelligent people to join our team in building out Lucky Day and our exciting new products from the ground up.
What you'll do
First and foremost, our team is intrinsically motivated and driven. We encourage each other to be curious, experiment and ask for help. Everyone has a voice - it’s who we are as a team, and it’s how we build great products.
At Lucky Day, we work closely with a nimble team to push the envelope toward outstanding user experiences. As the HR Director you will lead the Lucky Day team with the day-to-day HR strategies and operations.
Who are you
- You have the energy and dedication to get things done.
- On every challenge you work on, you understand the context as a whole and always strive to make improvements.
- You firmly grasp what it means to be agile in a software development space.
- You thrive on owning your work from beginning to end without the need for follow-ups and micromanagement.
- You are an absolute leader and team player and support a strong sharing culture.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment, with competing priorities, and willing to make calls with limited information.
- 10+ years of success in Human Resources
- Extensive experience building and managing Human Resources in a high growth environment within tech start-ups
- Extensive experience in employment legal claims, including civil litigation, worker’s compensation, and claims filed with the Employment Development Department and Department of Labor
- Experience influencing and advising senior leaders on complex employment mattersExtensive knowledge of Federal and California employment law
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and management
- High proficiency in different applicant tracking systems, such as Lever and Greenhouse
- High proficiency in payroll systems, including Gusto
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent
- Minimum of PHR certification highly preferred;
- SHRM certification a plus
- High proficiency in computing including macOS, MS Office, G Suite, Asana, Adobe, and Dropbox; experience in IT Administration helpful
- Work closely with the General Counsel and Operations Team to help build out, implement, and manage the company HR program
- Act as a strategic business leader in building and managing company growth planningManage payroll
- Manage employee benefits administration
- Manage full-cycle recruiting, including company branding and applicant tracking systems
- Provide guidance and training in relation to all HR policies
- Provide management training and guidance across all company departments
- Manage employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling
- Perform research in the HR field and present recommendations for change to remain competitive and/or improve existing programs
- Supervise office managementManage company culture initiatives
- And other duties as assigned
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Regular team outings
- Competitive compensation
- Work in a startup culture with people that are as driven as you
There’s a lot of flexibility and growth opportunity at Lucky Day. You’ll work with the best and brightest team to set and reach goals, find new opportunities, and grow professionally and personally. At a minimum, you’ll have a meaningful impact on popular and highly visible products, influence new products, become familiar with new technology, and be able to demonstrate the results of your work.